About this church
The archway over the entrance to the porch came from the old church. It is decorated in the style known as saw tooth chevron, a feature of the Romanesque architecture of the period 1000 to 1200. The late medieval octagonal font. and a number of memorials were also moved from the old church, the oldest of these being a brass of 1530.
There are twenty panels of medieval stained glass incorporated into the west window of St Andrews. These were removed from Salisbury Cathedral about 1790 as part of a programme to make the cathedral lighter, and thrown away. They were recovered by Canon Stanley Baker after a dogged search spread over several years. He gave the glass to Laverstock in 1939 after the Cathedral declined to take it back. Canon Baker also gave the church some carved oak, perhaps of late medieval Welsh craftsmanship, to form part of the chancel screen. Additionally, he was probably the source of the gold and white glass, perhaps 16th century Flemish work, in the south chapel.