About this church
The 12th century chancel of Ireby's old church is only part of what was originally there.
In 1847, the nave was pulled down, and the font, piscina and some carvings to provide for the new church (a mile away), and two nave arcade columns were taken to serve as gateposts in the village. The gateposts have now be reinstated in the churchyard.
The east wall arcade, with three round headed lancets, is a fine feature.