About this church
The church has fitted wooden pews, a gallery at one end and a mid Victorian pipe organ. The graveyard is still in use.
This church originated from an assembly that met at a chapel in Pound Lane, Martock, which was founded in 1688 as a result of the Great Ejectment.
In 1772, a section of the congregation became attracted to the preaching of Revd Christopher Hull, and met together in barns and cottages.
In 1791 a gift of land was made and the present chapel was built.
In 1834 they joined the Somerset Congregational Union, and in 1972 became the Martock United Reformed Church.