About this church
In 1866 the Reverend Charles Amphlett of Four Ashes Hall decided that a church should be built. Mr Edward Wakeman of Cotton hall, Lord of the Manor of Kings Nordley, donated one acre from the common land that covers part of the hill.
The church was built between 1868 and 1869 and consecrated in 1869.
There has been little change to the church since its construction. Charles Amphlett gave the stained glass east window in memory of his daughter Alice. The reredos, designed by Arthur Lloyd Oswell, was added in 1923 and given by the Amphlett family in memory of their mother and two brothers.
The stained glass window on the south wall is by Kempe circa 1892. Other windows by Kempe include the west window and the smaller window in the chancel. The Bromsgrove Guild or Artists created the window on the north circa 1939.
The altar rails were installed in 1911 to commemorate the coronation of King George V and Queen Mary in that year. Revd George L’Estranges Amphlett's family gave the lectern in his memory and the processional cross was given in memory of the Revd Alexander Stodart, vicar of this church 1914-1927. There is a simple war memorial on the north wall of the nave in memory of those from the parish who perished in the Great War of 1914-1918.