About this church
The meeting house is a former (possibly Tudor) cottage which was converted to meeting house use in 1663 and extended in 1677. Quaker use ceased in 1874 and the building was sold in 1931. It was reacquired in 1961 and fully restored.
The relatively early date of the acquisition of the building is evidence for a substantial Quaker presence in the region during the second half of the 17th century. During 1874-1961, the building was used for a range of different purposes, including as a Baptist church hall.
A simple building constructed using coursed and squared local Cotswold stone. The interior retains a historic stand and some historic panelling, although wall plaster has been removed. The village is set in rolling countryside, surrounded by fields of grazing sheep, and dissected by streams.