About this church
It's barely 4 metres long by 3.6 metres wide, has all the appearances of a 'Monopoly House' and is dwarfed by the neighbouring farm buildings of Cowage Farm. Inside there's scarcely room for a congregation larger than ten, seating for just four on one tiny pew and no room for an altar.
It is the surviving part of a 15th century church and is Grade II listed. One service is held each year. It has no dedication and the parish registers go back only to 1813.
Despite it's diminutive size this tiny little church still manages to draw quite a crowd and some big name guest preachers at it's once a year service for Rogationtide on the Sixth Sunday of Easter.
It was only when the present farm owners arrived that the tiny church finally made it into the Guinness Book of Records. For years it was used for keeping turkeys in, by the local farmer, but when the Collins’ came here they cleaned it all out and got the Bishop to come and bless it and it was constituted as a little church.