About this church
The building consists of three interrelated parts, an entrance vestibule, a sanctuary and a hall ‘the schoolroom’. The schoolroom with its several small classrooms is currently used as the Bourne Food Bank.
The front part of the building was erected in 1846 with additions in 1899. The raised pulpit stands to one side of the sanctuary. The President’s chair and the two elders chairs are central behind the Communion table. The lectern was crafted locally and records the 93rd Birthday of Florence Kathleen Cox in 2008 and given by the Sones Family.
There are three stained glass windows, Faith, Hope and Love which were given in memory of three members of the Wall family who attended the church. There are several other monuments and plaques commemorating past members of the church and those who died in the First World War. Two of the plaques commemorate two of the founder members of the church, Elizabeth Presgrove (d1851) and Eleanor Presgrove (d1855)
There is a two manual organ which retains the hand operated blower, although now the organ is powered by electricity.
The church also retains its numbered pews; a plaque on the back choir pew pays tribute to Keith Panter ‘who loved to sing’. The church has excellent acoustics and occasionally hosts concert performances
Outside the churchyard is gravelled over but 7 tombstones in varying stages of legibility remain.