About this church
It replaces the older All Saints church, located approximately 1mile away, which was declared redundant in 1973 as it was prone to flooding. The present church was designed by William Bassett-Smith and contains two stained glass windows, one dedicated to Mrs Walls who raised the money for the build.
Inside the church, on the south wall, there is a plaque to the memory of the airmen of 44 (Rhodesia) Squadron, who were stationed at Spilsby airfield.
In the western end there is a display case which houses the 207 squadron roll of honour, which was deposited in the church by the squadron when the memorial plaque was dedicated in 1992.
Like the church, the Great Steeping war memorial, located in the churchyard is also Grade II listed. It was dedicated on 9th September 1919 by Reverend Cyril Arthur King in tribute to those members of the community who were killed during WWI.