About this church
Uniquely for this area, it is timber framed, though the panels were encased in white painted brick in 1856. The timbered parts date back to the early 15th century, best seen in the roof, although this has been altered by the addition of metal strengthening rods.
When the outside was sheathed in brick, the inside covered with pitch pine, lending it a rather scout hut atmosphere. The east window has a wooden frame with vivid stained glass. Part of an old oak screen, with filigree tracery, is still in place.