About this church
The interior comes as a surprise, being largely 18th century with white walls relieved by a painted acanthus scroll frieze aping plasterwork, box pews, triple decker pulpit and a raised family pew replete with fossilised marble fireplace.
All this reflects the building of the new Cottesbrooke Hall by Smith of Warwick in the early 18th century. These interiors sensitively restored by the architect Lord Mottistone (of Seely and Page) 1959-60.
Beyond the family pew, raised up a chamber containing tombs. There is a splendid wall tomb to the Rede family from the first decade of the 17th century and attributed to Hollemans. In the centre of the space is a magnificent tomb chests with effigies to Sir John Langham and his wife by Thomas Cartwright, 1670s. In the nave are a series of memorials to later members of the Langham family by John Bacon RA.