About this church
There are many beautiful feature worth a visit in this church including one of the few Norman lead fonts in England which was buried during the Civil War for safety reasons. An old churchwarden's chest, a chancel screen erected by Babington in 1511, the alabaster tomb of Thomas Babington and his wife, a rare palimpsest, two unusual glass fire-extinguishers, and bells dating from 1625 including the only bell in the country to bear Napoleon's name can also be discovered.
Outside are a stone coffin from about 1200 and a fine example of the stonemason's art -an intricate memorial carved from a single piece of stone.
The octagonal spire, reportedly built by Babington to mark the safe return of local men from Agincourt, rises 128 feet above the road.